SONIC THE COMIC PERSONALITIES
Here’s a quick guide to the STC people you may have met at Summer of Sonic 2013! From left to right:
- Nigel Kitching: One of the two lead writers on Sonic The Comic’s print run beginning with issue 4’s Day of the Badniks, Nigel effectively shaped Sonic’s world and set in motion many of the events of STC’s history. He’s also an artist who drew many adventures for Sonic and his friends as well as most of the Decap Attack stories, which he was the author of. Most recently he wrote In Memory, the lead strip of issue 261.
- Ferran Rodriguez: An STC artist from the comic’s early days, Ferran was arguably the second most popular artist behind Richard Elson during STC’s first few issues. His character designs have an innate charm and he brought to life numerous fun adventures, perhaps most famously issue 6’s Attack on the Death Egg.
- Nigel Dobbyn: This wonderfully talented artist is regarded as one of STC’s best ever and is most well known for drawing Knuckles, given he drew most of the heroic echidna’s adventures, starting with issue the first part of The Homecoming in issue 64. In recent years, Nigel D has become a regular contributor to STC Online, having drawn various pieces, most recently providing the colouring for 261’s In Memory.
- Black Dog Brew/Badly-Drawn Manchild: Best known for his Sonic The Comic Retrospective series on YouTube, BDB/BDM is a well-known and much liked member of the STC-O forums. He became an official part of the STC-O team as of the 2009 Summer Special, for which he supplied a trailer for issue 250.
- James Kennedy Whitaker: An artist for STC-O as of issue 231, with his most recent contribution being in issue 237’s Return to the Death Egg. Art seen at SoS indicates James has more STC-O work in the pipeline.
- (reclining) Matt Dittmer: Matt is an artist for STC-O, as of issue 250’s The Battle For Mobius. He has most often contributed to various issues’ bonus features and most recently provided colours for issue 261’s To the Hero of Mobius.
- Mike Corker: Mike has contributed to STC-O in many ways over the years, most notably writing and drawing stories as far back as Amy vs Tekno in the first online issue, 224. Mike has oftentimes worked as a co-editor on STC-O and is effectively the designer and publisher for the website. He most recently provided the pencils for issue 261’s In Memory.
- Chris Gould: Chris is an artist and writer for STC-O, his first contribution to the comic being the art for issue 230’s The End of the World!. Over the years, Chris, better known as Chigs, has contributed to a great number of issues, making him one of STC-O’s most prominent talents.
- (reclining) Mark Hughes: An artist for STC-O, though so far his sole contribution is a wallpaper from the 2011 Halloween Wallpapers section. A much liked member of the STC-O forums.
- Marcus Stockley: Marcus is an artist for STC-O, having first contributed to issue 251’s Monsters on the Miracle Planet. Marcus has provided various pieces of art for bonus features and strips and it seems likely we can expect to see more from him in the future. His most recent contribution was to the New to Sonic The Comic? timeline feature.
- Michael Stephenson: The current editor of Sonic The Comic Online, “Stiv” joined the comic in issue 237 before providing art for issue 239’s The Inside Story. Stiv is a regular artist for the comic and officially became its editor as of issue 254. A much loved personality, Stiv is also a regular host on Sonic The Podcast.
- Seumidh MacDonald: Shay has been a regular fixture of the STC-O line-up since issue 253, where he provided a review of the iOS version of Sonic 4: Episode I. Since then he has gained most acclaim as an artist and, particularly, a writer, with issue 259 being a landmark issue for him as all stories therein were written by him, including the three-part Knuckles story Skeletons in the Closet. Shay is also a regular host on Sonic The Podcast.
- L. T. Fletcher: Best known for his STC-themed blog, A Moment of Sonic The Comic (hint: you’re reading it!) and as the producer, editor and regular host of Sonic The Podcast, L. T.’s sole contribution to STC-O thus far is his review of Sonic Dash for issue 261. He currently has a Sonic’s World script in the process of being drawn and is working on numerous other scripts for the comic.
So there you have it! A partial list, at best, of STC-O’s contributors and not even close to a complete list of everyone to contribute to STC over the years. That said, this is a pretty good starting point and should let you put some faces to names!
- partyviking likes this
- furry-furrets reblogged this from amomentofsonicthecomic
- ghostlondon likes this
- hapisan likes this
- felipeyuski likes this
- stconline reblogged this from amomentofsonicthecomic
- stiv2k1 reblogged this from amomentofsonicthecomic
- enniggama likes this
- sonicsociety likes this
- michael-corker reblogged this from amomentofsonicthecomic
- cg-scrapbook reblogged this from amomentofsonicthecomic and added:
- mambocat likes this
- amomentofsonicthecomic posted this